Tenable provides many resources for working with the Tenable.io API. Before using the API, Tenable recommends that you:
- Familiarize yourself with the Tenable.io user documentation. There is a strong correlation between the business logic of Tenable.io user interface and the API.
- Use the Guides section of this developer site to find detailed step-by-step instructions for specific use cases, for example, importing asset data and exporting scan data.
- Use the Expert Articles section for expert advice from Tenable developers, for example, about using our Python API tools.
- Use the API Explorer to try the API calls and find reference information: Endpoint URLs, HTTP methods, input parameters, response schemas, etc. We also provide client request code samples in multiple languages to help your get started.
- Use Tenable.sc API documentation to find reference information for the latest version of Tenable.sc REST API.
- Use our Github project to get the code and documentation for libraries and tools, as well extensibility points for other Tenable products (for example, NASL for Nessus plugin development).
- If you are unable to find the information that you are looking for, you may be able to get help in the Tenable Community portal. We encourage you to join our Community and participate in discussions.
Updated 6 months ago