To generate an API key in Tenable.ot:
- Sign in to Tenable.ot.
- In the left navigation plane, click Local Settings.
- In the Local Settings submenu, click System Configuration
- In the System Configuration submenu, click API Keys.
- On the API Keys page, in the top right corner, click the Generate Key button. A Generate Key side pane will appear.
- In the Expiration Period area, choose the expiration period in days. The maximum expiration period is 365 days.
- In the Description text box, enter a description explaining what the API key will be used for.
- Click the Generate button. The generated API key will have the same permissions as the user that created it according to their role.
- Copy the API secret and save it in a secure location for later use. The API key is shown only once.
Updated 21 days ago